National Ice Cream Month? Don't mind if I do...

Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? I mean...

I got myself a little ice cream machine for my birthday. It's a teal Cuisinart. So far, I've made 4 batches. 1 super successful, 2 I haven't tried yet, 1 ehhhhhhhhhh.



I have Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream recipe book in my queue at the library. The first recipe I made was Martha's strawberry--it involved making a custard. Let's just say that custard and I don't really get along. So I was looking for an alternative, and I found Jeni. She doesn't use eggs, she uses cream cheese and corn starch! So I made vanilla and it was awesome (though sweet, next time I'd get rid of some of the sugar), then I made corn with raspberry (haven't tried this yet, we'll see how it goes), and then goat cheese ice cream with roasted cherries (TBD as well... this one is still in the freezing machine!), weird flavors, but I have high hopes. :)

Comments

Popular Posts