It's Just Love, NIkki Giovanni

It's Just Love, NIkki Giovanni

it’s just love
it won’t sweeten
your coffee
or ice your tea
it won’t grill
your steak
or bake your crusty bread
it certainly won’t
pour your olive oil
over your shredded parmesan / reggiano cheeses
it might make
you laugh
it’s just love
it won’t rub
your feet or your back
it won’t tousle
your hair
or paint your
fingernails Red
it might make you
want Red
fingernails
though
it’s only love
it has no coupon value
though it also does
not expire
just me
just you
just love
yeah
good for nothing
love
throw it away
when you get
tired of it



I thought this poem was beautiful and clean. I like that she's being ironic, it appeals to me b/c at first I wasn't sure if she was which made me examine the poem a little more. And I think people do get too caught up in what love is and is their relationship love, when it's really just you just me just love.

Comments

Popular Posts