Hey, Preppy

Love Story by Erich Segal is an awesome book--really quick, really well written, really really makes me cry. I highly recommend it, it would be perfect for the beach if you're the kind of person who can read and not cry. (I am not that kind of person. I dissolve into tears, my bed / the coffee table is strewn with tissues, I am inconsolable. Just in case you were wondering what kind of person I am.)



Also awesome is the movie version of the book. Ali McGraw is stunning in it--her outfits! Her hair! Her perfectly strong eyebrows! And Ryan O'Neal... I mean... DREAMY!

Last night I discovered my roommate Julie had never seen Love Story! Luckily, I own it. We watched it. I left when I knew it was about to get sad.

I was reminded how much I love the one liners, Jennifer's spunk, and of course Jennifer's outfits.

Some awesome quotes:
Jennifer Cavalieri: You're gonna flunk out if you don't study.
Oliver Barrett IV: I am studying.
Jennifer Cavalieri: Bullshit. You're looking at my legs.
Oliver Barrett IV: You know, Jenny, you're not that great looking.
Jennifer Cavalieri: I know. But can I help it if you think so?


Oliver Barrett IV: What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died? That she was beautiful and brilliant? That she loved Mozart and Bach, the Beatles, and me?

Oliver Barrett IVLook, Cavalleri, I know your game, and I'm tired of playing it. You are the supreme Radcliffe smart-ass - the best - you can put down anything in pants. But verbal volleyball is not my idea of a relationship. And if that's what you think it's all about, why don't you just go back to your music wonks, and good luck. See, I think you're scared. You put up a big glass wall to keep from getting hurt. But it also keeps you from getting touched. It's a risk, isn't it, Jenny? At least I had the guts to admit what I felt. Someday, you're gonna have to come up with the courage to admit you care.
Some amazing outfits:

White shorts, navy tee. Legs for days.

Nice hair, nice tunic, Ali.


Skirts and tights!!!


Winter:



Warm coats--popped of course.




Crimson striped scarf-adorable little hat.


Give me this red dress now, please.

And of course, glasses.


Look at this skirt / turtleneck / tights combo. I mean... I could do that!





One of my friends is named after Jennifer--her last name is Barrett (like Jennifer's once she marries Oliver in the movie). I'm so jealous. What a good person to be named after!!

Comments

Popular Posts