Busy Bee, pumpkin muffins

Spring has sprung. And I've been a busy bee. I have so many updates! I'll start with some excellent pumpkin muffins I made last night.

Basically, I know. Pumpkin muffins are out of season. But (here's part of the busy) I'm moving. Not far, just 7 blocks, but I'll be living by myself and... well, I'll get to that later. But for now, I'm trying to use up my pantry and I had a can of pumpkin, ripe for the using.

The recipe is courtesy of Jane from Sweet Mama Jane, and I adapted it a bit since I realized I didn't have all the ingredients! Oh the perils of pantry cleaning. Check out her blog for the real recipe, my bastardized one is below.

Sweet Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 2 dozen muffins 
Ingredients 
4 eggs 
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar granulated sugar + one glug of molasses
1 15 ounce can pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 cup butter or Earth Balance, melted 
1/2 cup of butter, melted (one stick)
1/2 cup canola oil

3 cups flour 
2 teaspoons baking soda 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
2 teaspoons cinnamon  and a shake of nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt 
Directions 
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) Beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, butter and oil together in a large bowl (or stand mixer) until smooth.
3) Mix dry ingredients together and mix into pumpkin mixture.
4) Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full
5) Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.


These muffins are light and airy--most pumpkin muffin recipes I've tried have been... dense? heavy? brick like while still being yummy? Well, these are light as air. I think they could use some mix-ins like chocolate or walnuts to give them a little heft in fact! They're so delish. I highly recommend them!! I brought a dozen into work to try and hand them off, and people really loved them!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Kaitlin! I'm so glad you liked it. Ironically, we are also moving in 3 weeks, and I have one lone can of pumpkin staring at me from my pantry, daring me to make pumpkin muffins in May or have to pack and move canned goods, which I refuse to do. You've inspired me to get on it and make some muffins!

    PS - Living alone is THE.BEST. Roommates are fun, but there is nothing like having your own space. It is so delicious. Enjoy every single minute and congrats on your new place! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts