Big Screen: Unbroken Movie Trailer

I loved the book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Like, read it in a week, missed my subway stop, stayed up all night to read it kind of love. I'm a history dork, I love learning about WWII (my grandfather was in the pacific theater in the navy), and I found this just completely compelling. (My review below)


Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and RedemptionUnbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Spellbinding, descriptive, enthralling. It's tough not to sound trite when telling you how much I loved this book. I loved Seabiscuit, so I was excited to read Unbroken. Little did I know this would be the best book I've read in awhile. The gripping story is too good to be non-fiction, told in an accessible way by Hillenbrand, I found myself gazing at the cover in my bag as I worked, just waiting for the subway ride home. It's an absolutely inspirational story. I have no idea how these men lived through what they did and survived, let alone became good, contributing citizens. I watched The Pacific last year when HBO ran the series and was blown away. This just added to my adiration for and debt to the vets. It really was a generation of heroes. My grandfather was a Pacific WWII vet, and hearing this story made me think about the one morning when I came down to breakfast and he told me about his time in the Navy. I was reading this book and kept imagining him in the Pacific on a ship and being so thankful he was never a POW. Read this book.


If you loved this book, can I suggest The Boys in the Boat? I'll post a review later but wow, just LOVED that book!!

I'm so glad someone (Angelina) is making a movie out of Unbroken. I literally CANNOT wait to see it.

Comments

Popular Posts