Weekend Reads: A Wedding Weekend

My childhood bff is getting married today on the beach where I grew up. We weren't the type to plan our weddings, so I have no idea what hers will be like! I can't wait to dance with my childhood friends. Should be a blast! I'm reading this poem by Pablo Neruda at her wedding:

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep. 


I also really liked this one, 'Coming Home' by Mary Oliver, and this one, 'To My Valentine' by Ogden Nash that made me laugh. What are some of your favorite wedding readings?



Here are some readings to keep you occupied this weekend!

I'm still thinking about this little girl and her sassy, unflappable, coolness at the pitchers mound. I think good things are in store for our country with kids like this on the rise.

What chefs and doctors buy generic. GOOD TO KNOW, right?

Organizing like a chef. I wish I had this kind of detail oriented!

Can Education make you nearsighted? I am. So... maybe?

Are you suffering from GOT withdrawal? Me too. Here's a crazy theory to remind you how great it all is.

Who loves Book Covers?! You too? Read about the making of 'em.

Vocab of rappers, updated. Who knew rappers were such sesquipedalians.

Bill Cunningham is just such a wonderful guy. (P.S. have you seen the documentary about him? It's so sweet.)

I just love the movies. They transport you in a way not much else can. Vulture did a pre-cap (yep, using that as a word) of the Toronto Film Fest and I CANNOT wait to see a lot of these. Still Alice was such an awesome book (and I'm now realizing I never did a post on it... to come shortly!) and so many others of these look GREAT.

Amanda Hesser of one of my favorite blogs, Food52, was interviewed about her favorite cook books.

Enjoy your weekend!

XX

Comments

Popular Posts