Weekend Reads: New England Weekend, Inspiring week

This weekend I'm going to the apple orchard to pick some apples (and potentially eat a couple apple cider doughnuts...), I'm tucking this away so I pick up what I need: best apples for baking. I had an inspiring week this week career-wise. I went to a conference that reminded me what I love about marketing and the creative world--I heard Martha Stewart speak, Simon Sinek, Malcolm Gladwell, Guy Kawasaki, and, most stunningly, Shiza Shahid. She's the CEO of the Malala Fund, her story is extremely compelling, she's soft spoken but confident, she believes in her ability, really in everyone's ability, to affect positive change in the world. It was pretty unbelievable and I'm still reeling. Hope you all have inspiring weekends.



I have friends who love Whole Foods, friends who work there, friends who hate it, but I thought this was interesting--its not always whole paycheck.

The Sound of Music is one of my all time fav movies. Here's the latest generation of Von Trapps making a name for themselves.

All of Bill Hader's impressions. Impressive dude. Bon voyage. Can't wait to see him host.

Have you seen everyone do the list of 10 books on Facebook? I thought this was a thoughtful article about how books shape who we are.

I can't get enough of Jessica Chastain. She's so bright, so red headed, so friendly and sweet. Love her.

Go MA!! We like to be at the forefront.

How to say no. I need to practice.

I met Anna Wintour in 2004 at a Columbia/Conde Nast cocktail party and she was perfectly lovely. This video seems spot on. She came up to me and a group of friends (all sipping wine worrying about our outfits) and said something like "You're already ahead of me. I never graduated from college."

Movie season is coming... (I love all of the Jessica Chastain I'm seeing!)

Career Tips from Smart Women. I particularly like this:
Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women.
Nora Ephron


Comments

Popular Posts