Weekend Reads: Self Care

Beach near my Mom's house

I'm heading up to my mom's this weekend and going to potentially do some cross country skiing... we'll see if I can extricate myself from Financial Reporting!! :)

I've decided I need a break from politics. Self-care and all that. So I started listening to Barbarian Days on Audible to take a break from Ezra Klein and the Weeds. It has great reviews and won the Pulitzer prize in 2016, so I'm glad to have something to take my mind off of things. I'm also realizing that I need to go out and take some pictures. Maybe this weekend I'll do some photography and be creative for a moment. It might be a nice counterbalance to feeling a bit insecure over my accounting skills. What are you doing for self-care these days?

Have you taken the Myers Briggs test? This article that links your results to a literary heroine is so much fun (I'm ENFP-T, though sometimes I think I'm more INFP-T). (via Verily Mag) How to create playlists for dinner parties (via Cup of Jo)

One cheese cheese plates (via BA) When to clean your kitchen (via the Kitchn) The best subs, cannoli, and cappuccino in the North End. (via Boston Mag)

Hater. (via HuffPo) This Kiss Cam ad has me in tears (via AdAge) Spotify has been annoying me lately, but their ads are awesome (via AdWeek)

American Girl Dolls is releasing a boy doll (via HuffPo) This is such a sweet story. (via Business Insider)

I want to go to all of these hotels (ok, not all of them, but so many of them) (T&L)  the Dutch have the best car-door-opening habit, particularly if you live in a city like me! Check it out! (via MentalFloss) Now I'm DYING to go to Sonoma after seeing a friend's live video of her family's vineyard to check her out... maybe as a graduation present next year!

Oscars Bingo! (via Cupcakes and Cashmere) Oscar predictions from Rolling Stone, FiveThirtyEight, and NYTs. Here's your ballot, via NYTs.

YEA! Philip Pullman's new trilogy is coming out!! (via NPR) Kara Walker (an amazing artist) did a beautiful take on Washington Crossing the Delaware (via Kottke) Check out this PBS interview with my friend Rakesh about his new book, No One Can Pronounce My Name.



Comments

Popular Posts