Weekend Reads: I've heard it in the chillest land and on the strangest sea

For some reason, maybe it's the blue sky, maybe it's the impending weekend, I'm in a hopeful mood today. Emily Dickinson's poem Hope is a Thing With Feathers stuck with me after a friend posted an impassioned status on Facebook. I keep coming back to it and gaining hope and inspiration from it. I hope you do, too.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - (314)

Related Poem Content Details

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
Now for this week's reads:

Making me laugh: wait for it, waaiiiiit for it... hilarious. (via AdWeek) 

This is so funny:



Google is honoring civil rights leader Fred Korimatsu. The actions this woman's tweet inspired are just so wonderful. (via Glamour)

Budweiser's Superbowl ad is... wonderful (via Ad Age) And Dove's new campaign is a delight (via HuffPo) Audi's Superbowl spot is wonderful-and I know the ACD who worked on it!! Woo hoo Allison! (via Adweek) 

Companies are taking a stand for immigrant and refugee rights (via Upworthy) SAG winners were using their platform well (via Mashable) This article about how to frame arguments to people with different values than what you hold is so interesting (via The Atlantic) This is wonderful , and I know one of the women quoted!!! (via Politico)

As someone who's a little afraid of heights, this study / video was AMAZING. I'd definitely chicken out. (via NYTs) 


Oscar de la Renta stamps can't WAIT (via T&C)

This Rolling Stone article highlights a kid who went to my High School! (His older sister was in my class and is lovely and musical as well) My mom will be all over this recipe (via Food52)

Not Normal:
A photo posted by Mari Andrew (@bymariandrew) on

Comments

Popular Posts