What to Watch: The Jinx on HBO



I started watching The Jinx: The life and deaths of Robert Durst on HBO this weekend and I'm so intrigued. Of course, I started it at like 9pm both nights and am only 1.5 episodes in, but it is SO interesting.

Because I'm only a little into it at this point, I grabbed the plot summary from the series' web site. Here it is:
From Andrew Jarecki and Marc Smerling (the Oscar® nominees behind Capturing the Friedmans ), comes The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst, a six-part examination of the reclusive millionaire at the heart of three killings spanning four decades. Robert Durst, the scion of a New York real estate empire, has long been a suspect in the notorious 1982 disappearance of his wife, Kathie. Further suspicion was raised with the unsolved killing of his confidante, Susan Berman, thought to be a key witness in the investigation into Kathie's disappearance in 2000, as well as the subsequent killing and dismemberment of a neighbor in Galveston, Texas. Durst has consistently maintained his innocence and remains a free man today.

It kind of reminds me of Serial because it's a bit of an investigation told mostly (so far) through interviews... but you see the people. The proposed bad guy, Robert Durst, consented to giving interviews, so he's front and center. And gives off the most chilling vibe. The story is just crazy. I really can't wait to find out what happens next... I'm trying not to Google the series because I'm pretty sure lots of articles are being written about it with background info, theories, conjecture, updates in the news... (all that kind of stuff) and I want to read those AFTER I'm done watching.

Are you watching? If so, what do you think so far?! Don't post any spoilers please! :)

Comments

Popular Posts