Recipe: Apple Steel Cut Oats



On Sunday morning, I had some apples to use up before going to a baby shower, so I made this delicious steel cut oatmeal and it made enough for leftovers for a few days!

It took about 40 minutes to make--I toasted the oats while slicing the apples, then dumped the water, apples and pinch of salt right in, and let it simmer as my mom dropped by to help me by grabbing my A/C unit to house for the winter.

I got dressed, did a little tidying--stirring every so often, and then my breakfast was creamy, steamy, and ready to eat. I took my spoon, dipped it and grabbed a swirl of almond butter, and went to work on this wonderfully warming and oh-so-fall breakfast.

This week I've had the leftovers (heated in the microwave with a little milk to loosen it up) with toasted nuts, cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg, and even on one more a delicious swirl of honey. It's the perfect way to usher in that cozy fall feeling and start the day off right. I highly recommend!

Comments

Popular Posts