Major Yum: Whiskey Glazed Carrots

My mom's birthday falls on Valentine's Day. (My grandmother wanted to name her Valerie, somehow my grandfather beat her out and she's Jean).

I had her and dad over to have dinner on my coffee table (aren't you guys jealous of my cool studio apartment?). Mom asked for healthy dinner. Gross! Healthy isn't allowed on a Birthday!!!

But, I tried to accommodate. There were steamed green beans. Baked chicken (breaded with mustard and panko). Amazingly green salad. Egg noodles, and... Whiskey glazed carrots.

And, I made another batch of those redonkulously good brownies. If you haven't made those yet, get to it guys. They're INSANE. 

Guess what mom and dad loved the most? That's right. The brownies and the carrots. Shoulda known! The salad came in third, but stilllll. 

So, I used the whiskey glazed carrots from the Pioneer Woman's website, tweaked a bit. Can we all just agree that 15 minutes is pretty short to get something so delicious? I cut the butter, cut the brown sugar from this recipe, and I think it doesn't make that much... especially if you're going to make something this delicious.

Ingredients

1/2 stick Butter, Divided (Pioneer uses 1 stick)

2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Carrots, Peeled And Cut Into Thick Circles

1/2 cup Jack Daniels Or Other Whiskey

1/2 cups Brown Sugar (pioneer uses 3/4-1 cup)

1 generous pinch of salt

1 generous pinch of pepper


Prep:

Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in big skillet (I used cast iron) over high heat. 
Add carrots, cooking 2 minutes. Take the carrots out of the pan.

Pour in whiskey and let it reduce a bit--about a minute. Bring the heat to medium, add the rest of the butter and let it melt. Then, sprinkle the sugar over the top. Whisk it all together, and return the carrots to the pan. Cook everything together for another for 5 minutes. Add the S&P and cook until everything looks pretty good--another 3-6 minutes.  Test the carrot to make sure it's done (someone has to...), they're ready to serve. 

ENJOY!!!

Comments

Popular Posts