Margin Notes: Delirium

I'm enjoying this series of young adult books. I liked the first better, it seemed like more of a complete book. The second didn't tell quite as interesting of a story. But I still breezed right through it and enjoyed it. I just liked the first best. ;)


Delirium inside the book jacket:

Delirium (Delirium #1)

by 

They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever.

And I've always believed them.

Until now.

Now everything has changed.

Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.

Lena looks forward to receiving the government-mandated cure that prevents the delirium of love and leads to a safe, predictable, and happy life, until ninety-five days before her eighteenth birthday and her treatment, when she falls in love.


Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book! A little predictable, but the characters were solid and I really liked the plot line! Another dystopian book, yes, but different enough that it drew me in. I really enjoyed the setting, the premise, and the characters.

View all my reviews

Pandemonium inside the book jacket:

Pandemonium (Delirium #2)

by 
"So what was your name before?" I say, and she freezes, her back to me. "Before you came to the Wilds, I mean."

For a moment she stands there.

Then she turns around.

"You might as well get used to it now," she says with quite intensity.

"Everything you were, the life you had, the people you knew... dust."

She shakes her head and says, a little more firmly, "There is no before. There is only now, and what comes next."

After falling in love, Lena and Alex flee their oppressive society where love is outlawed and everyone must receive the "cure" - an operation that makes them immune to the delirium of love - but Lena alone manages to find her way to a community of resistance fighters. Although she is bereft without the boy she loves, her struggles seem to be leading her toward a new love.

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book! I didn't love it quite as much as the first, I think it's that I miss some of the characters from the past book. It was still really engaging and a good read--I do wish the beginning developed the plot a little bit more. It felt a little shorter than #1 and I wish it was longer! I know there have been some .5s... I kind of wish those were incorporated into this! I'm excited for the next book, though. I almost wish it wasn't a trilogy. It seems like there's more stories to tell.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts