16 for '16



I saw the idea to have 16 things to do in 2016 and I really liked it and decided to co-opt it as my own. (I had so much fun doing my 30 things before I turned 30, might as well, right?!)


Here are 16 things I'd like to do in 2016:

1. Learn to edit my photos. 

Right now I willy-nilly play with things until it looks good to me with no rhyme or reason. I'd like to be more intentional about it.

2. Finish my application to business school

I'm not sure why I keep putting it off (ok, it's because I can't fathom spending that kind of money), but it's time to further my career.

3. Make more of an effort to visit friends
I have friends in NYC, VT, ME, and even the Boston suburbs I need to do a better job of seeing in person.

4. Take more day trips, at least 12

Now that I have a car, I should be exploring more--off to Newburyport! Salem! Cohasset! Ipswich! Portsmouth! It's so easy for me to go to my mom's or just stick around Boston, but there are so many great places to hit up. I need to take better advantage.

5. Get some investment pieces for my wardrobe

My boss has amazing style and spends serious cash on her wardrobe. She's also tall and thin so everything looks good on her, but I could get a nice pair of shoes or a nice jacket or blouse and start to feel more grown up.

6. Add to my art collection

I haven't bought anything in a while and I feel like I need some updates in my gallery wall. I want some navy blues and ink drawings. I'm going to keep an eye out to swap things out and add.

7. Save money toward a down payment 

2015 was the spend year--I got a car, extended my warranty... drained my savings. I need to get back into saving mode so some day I can buy a place. Not anytime soon (thanks, Boston real estate), but I need this goal to keep me on track. I have a good amount of retirement savings, but I need to focus on mid-term saving, too, not just long-term.

8. Travel internationally

It's been a few years and I'm dying to spread my wings. I might have something in the hopper...

9. Exfoliate!!!!!

I have a good daily routine, but I'm not supposed to exfoliate every day, so I need a better weekly routine so I don't forget to exfoliate. It's the one thing I need more than anything else. I have to make it a priority.

10. Swim and play tennis

I'm having a hard time finding a pool and a court, but these are activities I'm very, very into and want to develop. I need to find a pool and a tennis instructor this year.

11. Host a dinner party

In my tiny studio. Yep.

12. Watch the Star Wars movies

I started last night and saw episode 4 (apparently the one to start with), so I'm going to finally do it.

13. Use my Skillshare membership more frequently 

I love learning things on Skillshare. I have to be better and follow-through!

14. Transition even more make up and skin care to organic, good for you substances

I've loved what I've purchased at Follain and see a difference in my skin. It likes the investment I've made so I plan to keep transitioning over.

15. Read more poetry

I love Billy Collins and Mary Oliver and Elizabeth Bishop, but I want to spend more time actively reading poetry this year.

16. Blog about cooking 

I keep forgetting to take pictures and show you what I'm making in the kitchen. I need to be better about it!

Comments

Popular Posts